Wednesday 6 August 2014

A Summer Wedding

Hello Everyone! Last month I had the honour of being chief bridesmaid at my big sister's wedding, it was an absolutely beautiful day and I can honestly say it was the best wedding I've ever been to (even if I am slightly biased) so I thought I'd show you some pictures taken on the day to give some wedding style inspiration to anyone planning their own wedding. Enjoy :)













The wedding was held at Stockbridge Farm Barn in Sherborne which was the most beautiful location for a summer, countryside wedding. The inside was very rustic and was decorated with twinkly fairy lights and bunting which made the venue look so magical. The crockery was vintage and mismatched which suited the venue perfectly and every guest had their own miniature teacup and saucer which was so cute and kitsch! There were also vintage looking cake stands filled with little cupcakes and scones and wedding favours of little paper bags filled with old school sweets, everything was delicious and I probably ate far too much cake and sweets for one person.

The grounds of the barn were absolutely stunning and even though there was a torrential downpour the day before the wedding, thankfully it was beautifully sunny on the day which made for some lovely pictures of the venue.

Our hair and makeup (including the bride's) was done by a lovely local makeup artist called Kirsten Sare, her website is www.kirstensare.co.uk; if you are from the Dorset area and are looking for a make-up artist or hair stylist for any event then I would definitely recommend you look at her work.

What The Bridesmaids Wore

Dresses - Lipsy (Similar Here)
Seamless Tights - Pretty Polly


The whole day was perfect; it was a quintessential English wedding in the countryside and I'm so thankful that I was involved. I hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures and hearing about the day.


 Tam x

No comments:

Post a Comment