Wednesday 16 July 2014

Style Edit: Candy Colours

Hello everyone! I thought I'd show you another piece I bought from the Missguided website which is now on sale! Candy colours are a classic trend for summer and this sweet polka dot dress is one of my favourite from the Missguided collection.









What I'm Wearing

Dress - Missguided
Flower Crown - Newlook
Necklace - Newlook
Denim Jacket - Topshop
Sandals - Boohoo

This dress isn't for everyone; it's very feminine and reminds me of a dress that Ariana Grande would wear. However, if you wanted to tone down the sugary sweetness, you could create an interesting contrast by pairing it with a studded denim jacket and cut out boots. The dress has an under skirt made of netting which gives it a 50s rockabilly feel while the cut out side detailing updates it for SS14. The puff ball skirt means that this could be worn by almost anyone of any shape because of its very flattering a-line shape which skims any problem areas. You could wear this to a summer picnic or even pair it with some white heels for a cute party look.

What are your favourite candy coloured summer items?


Tam x

No comments:

Post a Comment