Tuesday 8 July 2014

How To Wear: The Maxi Skirt

This pastel pink maxi skirt is one of my summer wardrobe essentials, it's so well made and although I remember it being quite pricy, I think investing in key pieces that you can re-wear is essential. I bought it last summer from Asos and have worn it to death so I wanted to style it with some pieces from this season's high street and give you some inspiration to re-work last season's styles.

Look 1 - Shopping in style




What I'm Wearing

Watch - Next
Jacket - Topshop

This look is really casual and easy to wear, pairing the skirt with light colours and soft, casual fabrics creates an informal and effortless outfit which could be worn to a summer BBQ or if you're just popping to the shops.

Look 2 - Nearly nude




What I'm Wearing

Top - Zara
Shoes - Miss Selfridge
Watch - Next
Earrings - River Island

This look is slightly more dressed up and could easily be worn to a summer party or dinner. The Zara crop top is so versatile; it has pink, cream and green tones in it so you can pair it with so many different things and the filigree print is perfect for summer. Pale pink can be a difficult colour to wear as it can wash out some skin tones but this nearly-nude look is so girly and wearable, I love it! 

Look 3 - Summer Evenings




What I'm Wearing

Top - H&M
Necklace - Topshop
Bag - Oasis
Watch - Next

Adding a black crop top and gold accessories instantly turns the maxi skirt from a day piece to an evening piece. I am in love with this H&M crop top, it actually has cut out detailing on the sides, which you can't see in these photographs but it certainly makes the look more grown up. Just add heels for a beautiful outfit you can wear on a summer evening, to dinner or out for drinks.

I hope this inspired you to re-work  the old pieces in your wardrobe. Leave me a comment to let me know what your summer wardrobe essentials are.


Tam x

No comments:

Post a Comment